RoboCup competitions and symposium
At RoboCup the game of soccer is used for promoting science and technology. There are 5 leagues in which participants can compete. The event closes with an international symposium on a variety of research areas related to all RoboCup divisions.
- RoboCupSoccer is a soccer game played by robots, which commenced to promote the research and development of robot and AI technologies through friendly competition.
- RoboCupIndustrial is a competition between industrial mobile robots focusing on logistics and warehousing systems.
- RoboCupRescue is a competition in which participants compete in disaster strategy for rescue operations, using a major disaster scenario, such as that of an earthquake.
- Participants in the RoboCup@Home League compete in the degree to which their robots can perform operations that assist human life in domestic environments such as a living room or a kitchen, using an everyday robot utilization scenario.
- RoboCupJunior is a junior league participated in by children between the ages of 11 and 19. The main focus is on providing a venue for the collaborative learning for all team members, allowing them to cooperate and unite their strengths.
RoboCup International Symposium
The symposium is a primary venue for presentation and discussion of scientific contributions to a variety of research areas related to all RoboCup divisions. Its scope includes, but is not restricted to, research and educational activities in robotics and artificial intelligence. Due to its interdisciplinary nature, the symposium offers a unique venue for exploring both theory and practice in wide spectrum of research fields.